Each girl is interviewed for approximately 15 minutes by a panel of three judges. Then will conclude the day at a group luncheon with entrants and judges.
Girls are to wear appropriate day/business clothes.
The following is a guide to what may be expected as a Showgirl
- To be able to speak intelligently about Australian current affairs and in particular her own district from the point of view of her age group.
- To demonstrate genuine knowledge and interest in rural issues in New South Wales.
Judges are asked to allocate points as follows:
Personality 20 points
Confidence 10 points
Ambitions/Goals 10 points
General Knowledge 15 points (Local, Australian, International)
Rural Knowledge 15 points (General, Local, Show)
Personal Presentation 10 points (Style, Grooming & Deportment)
Diction and Speech 10 points
On stage Interview 10 points
Questions asked by the judges might include:
– About yourself:
– Tell us about your work?
– Hobbies, sports, interests, and social life. Involvement or interest in the show or community.
– If still a student they may inquire about your studies and future plans
– Future goals and ambitions.
– Questions regarding this area:
– Primary production, Industries, Local areas of interest
– Current affairs topics
– General knowledge
– Who is the Premier, Local Members of Parliament, Mayor of the Bega Valley
– What would becoming the Bega Showgirl mean to you? What are you aiming to get out of this experience?
Duties of the Bega Showgirl Entrant
Please try to be present at the show as much as possible. This is a great way to meet people, learn more about the show, share your interests and promote the Showgirl competition. Visitors to the show are often interested in talking to the showgirl entrants, so please use this as an opportunity to share the importance of the competition and connect with the community.
Please aim to be present at the horse events, cattle judging, pavilion and poultry exhibitions, woodchop and entertainment shows. Stewarts will welcome your help and assist you with your duties. This will also give you a great insight into ‘behind the scenes’ and how the show runs.
Please wear your sash at all times during the show.
In addition to the duties of the showgirl entrant, the Showgirl winner is required to attend the Zone 3 Final. If the winner cannot attend the zone final, the runner up will replace at the next level of the competition.
If you have any queries or require further information please contact Marie Smith 0408 619 188.